View Single Post
Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Return in 2009, Says Floyd Sr.
(#1)
Old
GFX Moderator
.PK is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Return in 2009, Says Floyd Sr. - 11-26-2008, 11:59 AM

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Return in 2009, Says Floyd Sr.
Posted by: Mark Vester on 11-26-2008.

By Mark Vester

Trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. is confident that his son, Floyd Mayweather Jr., will return to boxing in 2009. He feels that one too many people are chasing for a fight against his son. The best advice he can give them is to relax, sit back and wait. He sees Floyd Jr. coming back without a needed push from a third-party.

"That, I believe he will do. At the end of the day, I believe he'll be back next year. All that stuff with my son? Everybody should just sit back and relax. No one has got to do nothing. Everything is going to manifest itself," Mayweather Sr. told The Grand Rapids Press .

Leonard Ellerbe, the manager/advisor for Floyd Jr., was impressed with the work that Mayweather Sr. has done with Ricky Hatton. He told the paper that Floyd Jr. watched the Hatton's fight with Paulie Malignaggi and was equally impressed. Floyd Jr. is the only man to beat Hatton, knocking the Manchester fighter out last December.

"Big Floyd has a way of motivating you," Ellerbe said. "He has a way of communicating and I saw immediately what he was doing. I was impressed. Hatton is more of a thinking fighter now. Floyd said the same thing the next day. He said he watched it on TV and Hatton was a totally different fighter under his father."