Miguel Torres Talks About UFC 126, Training, More
(#1)
Old
Admin
wolf137 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 496
Post Miguel Torres Talks About UFC 126, Training, More - 02-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Check out what he had to say…

Miguel Torres spoke recently about his bout on Saturday against Antonio Banuelos at UFC 126 and more. Check out the highlights:

On the two-fight losing streak that made him seek out trainer Firas Zahabi: "I knew what I knew, and it was working. Nobody was beating me, so I didn't think about it. I lost."

On the change in his fighting style: "When I trained myself, it was all guts and glory. Go out there and represent who I am and where I'm from, and to leave everything on the line. That's how I fought. It worked for a while, but then with the media and the power of tape, everyone [realized] my mindset and ... how I do what I do. Before, it was easy because you would hear about me, but you wouldn't see me. Everybody got to see me and take me apart. With Firas, it's more of a calculated, strategic approach to make my strengths my strengths. Don't fight somebody at their strengths."

On his strategy for Banuelos: "If he clips me, I'm going to look for a counter shot, and I'm going to get out right away. I worked a lot of my footwork and my movement, and calculating my distances. For him to come in, he's going to take a lot of punishment, and if he does clip me, he's going to get hurt, too. So I'm not worried about that."

On the difficulty of the transition in style: "I really miss it. I get on the outside, and I'm picking a guy apart, and I want to go to war. I'm used to getting hit and hitting back, and when I don't get hit, I get frustrated. But Firas' system works perfect. If you look at the model that Georges St-Pierre (provided) ... it works very well. I'm looking to be smart and healthy. The more healthy I can stay, the more I can fight."

On getting to the top: "Hopefully, by the end of the year, I'll get a title shot. But I'm not even looking at that right now. I'm looking at Antonio Banuelos and doing what I got to do with him."