Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar

Portsmouth hope to retain Defoe
(#1)
Old
Donator
Sylar is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default Portsmouth hope to retain Defoe - 01-04-2009, 11:04 PM

Portsmouth manager Tony Adams has not given up hope that south coast club will be able to retain the services of striker Jermain Defoe.

Ex-Spurs ace Defoe recently confirmed his desire to rejoin former Pompey boss Harry Redknapp at White Hart Lane.

No fee has yet been agreed and Adams thinks that given time Defoe could easily have a change of heart and decide to stay at the club.

"Jermain is still a Portsmouth player and maybe I'll make a point of talking to him on Monday when he returns to training because people often change their minds, don't they," stated Adams.

"It happened here with Joe Jordan (former first-team coach) after Harry left. All the time Joe was going to stay. Then suddenly he went to Spurs, bless him.

"I'm not going to confirm any bids through the press. All I'm saying is I'm hopeful Jermain will be available for next week's game here against Manchester City and then we'll see about the (FA Cup) replay at Bristol (City)."

----------------------------------

I think they should try to retain him, and considerng the fact that they are expecting offers of around £20 million for him I don't think they will have trouble fending off anyone apart from City or Juve.
(#2)
Old
Bhav90 is on a distinguished road

Default 04-29-2009, 04:17 PM

defoes long gone, no way was he gunna stay @ portsmouth
(#3)
Old
Bhav90 is on a distinguished road

Default 04-29-2009, 04:19 PM

does ne 1 no whether or not utaka is still @ portsmouth. i dont c y they have had a big struggle this year