Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Jon Jones and Mauricio Rua Address MMA Oddsmakers, Jones Being Favored, More
(#1)
Old
Admin
wolf137 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 496
Post Jon Jones and Mauricio Rua Address MMA Oddsmakers, Jones Being Favored, More - 03-10-2011, 03:34 AM

The main event fighters at UFC 128 talk about the odds...

Jon Jones and Mauricio Rua, who face each other at UFC 128, recently spoke on the MMA oddsmakers in regards to Jones being favored in their bout. Check out the highlights below:

Jones on being the favorite against Shogun Rua: "I think that's baloney. I think the reason I'm the favorite is because oddsmakers are very smart, and they probably think I'm going to lose."

Rua on Jones Being Favored: "I understand if people think he's the favorite for the fight because he has been winning all his fights easily, and (I) certainly think he is rightfully the favorite for the fight. I understand why people think that and how they view that, and I truly consider myself the underdog."

Jones on being the new kid: "If I win, I did something that no one thought I could do. I'm definitely the underdog in this fight. That's the way that I look at it. I'm the new kid. I'm the guy who's never won any belt or anything. I'm the underdog, and that's the way I train. It is a win-win situation for me," Jones said. "I've been training for three years, and to beat a guy who's been training since he was 9 years old, that would be a huge feat. And that's what I believe will happen. 'Shogun' right now is considered the top of the cream of the crop of the world. I have nothing to lose here. I'm going out there relaxed, and I'm just going to have fun with the situation."

(#2)
Old
Super Moderator
wardog is on a distinguished road

Chats: 181
Default 03-10-2011, 03:35 AM

I'm gonna make a lot of money on this fight. Shogun easily wins.