Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Downing to request move
(#1)
Old
Donator
Sylar is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default Downing to request move - 01-05-2009, 12:06 AM

Sky Sports News has learnt Stewart Downing will hand Middlesbrough a transfer request on Monday.

The England international has been the subject of a bid from Tottenham in the January transfer window but a reported £6million figure fell well below Boro's valuation.

Spurs' approach was given short shrift by Boro chief executive Keith Lamb, who has branded the offer 'derisory'.

Downing and his representatives have yet to comment on the player's situation but Sky Sports News understands an official transfer request will be presented to Gareth Southgate and the club's board on Monday.

Southgate has been adamant in his stance that the wide man will not be sold but it would appear Downing is ready to test the club's resolve to keep him.

Downing signed a new five-year deal in February but now seems ready to quit his boyhood club for pastures new.

------------------------------------

I doubt they'll be able to stand in his way, but they shouldn't sell him for £6 million if the rumours are true. He is worth a lot more to them then that.
(#2)
Old
Bhav90 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default 04-29-2009, 04:39 PM

i think he is very overratted, i dont think he'll ever b an international quality player unless he leaves mboro to a half decent team like spurs, aston villa or nutha team tht troubles the top 4 teams