Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Jake Shields Talks About His UFC 129 Main Event Loss
(#1)
Old
Admin
wolf137 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 496
Post Jake Shields Talks About His UFC 129 Main Event Loss - 05-02-2011, 07:21 PM

Jake Shields spoke last night about his UFC 129 main event loss to welterweight champion Georges St-PIerre. Check out the highlights of what he said below:

Shields on how Georges stopped him: "Obviously I'm not happy. I went in there, and I came up short. Georges has great stand-up, and he kept me away. I couldn't get him down. He did a great job of stuffing my shots. I guess I need to go back, work on my boxing, and get better."

Shields on how his team's game plan failed: "I wanted to take him down. I don't know. He stuffed my first couple shots. I don't know why I started boxing him. I should have just started shooting. It's easy to look back now and be like, 'I really screwed that up.' Georges is a great fighter. He fought great. He was evasive, and I couldn't get after him. He had a great game plan."

UFC President Dana White on fans being upset with the fight: "Do I wish there that were fireworks and these two were standing in the middle of the cage blasting each other? All that stuff is great, but it doesn't always play out that way. I know Georges will be the one who catches all this stuff that he didn't finish another fight, but Georges is fighting the absolute best guys in the world."

Shields on the future: "Hopefully my next fight will look completely different. Hopefully before I retire, I'll get another title shot."