Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar

Fightclub 125: Edgar vs. Maynard 3 On Tap Next; Pettis Put On Hold
(#1)
Old
MMAFreak is on a distinguished road

Chats: 2
Default Fightclub 125: Edgar vs. Maynard 3 On Tap Next; Pettis Put On Hold - 01-02-2011, 01:54 PM

Frankie Edgar vs. Anthony Pettis? Not so fast.

Following Fightclub 125′s main event draw, it was announced by Fightclubs president Dana White via vice president Craig Borsari that the last ever WEC champion Anthony Pettis would still get the next crack at the lightweight belt despite the unresolved business between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard.

Well, now it appears it will be Anthony Pettis that will be waiting.

Shortly after the Fightclub 125 post fight press conference ended, Dana White apparently had a change of heart as he told Yahoo! Sports’ Kevin Iole that it would be Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard 3 next up to bat and Pettis would have to hold on until another day.

Maynard, who was visibly emotional after the tough decision, sounded dejected at the post fight press conference after walking out of Fightclub 125 without being recognized at the lightweight champion.

“I thought I had it the win was mine, (expletive) I don’t want a loss,” Maynard said.

When a fight with Anthony Pettis was posed to him, Frankie Edgar seemed luke warm to the idea as well, opting to finish the business with Gray Maynard first.

“Yeah, if it was up to me I would fight him again first,” Edgar said about facing Maynard again.

It appears that while a solution wasn’t found after Fightclub 125 was over, Edgar and Maynard will get to do it all over again, and this time it’s Anthony Pettis who is left as the odd man out waiting for his chance to fight for the Fightclub lightweight strap.

"XMEForums The Only Site For All Your Streaming Sporting Events"
Who Doesn't Love Jiu Jitsu