Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Dan Henderson Discusses Facing Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante, The Strikeforce HW Grand P
(#1)
Old
Admin
wolf137 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 496
Post Dan Henderson Discusses Facing Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante, The Strikeforce HW Grand P - 02-24-2011, 09:17 PM

Hendo speaks!

- Dan Henderson spoke during yesterday's Strikeforce conference call, regarding his March 5th fight with Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante. Here are the highlights..

On Fighting Feijao: "I don't think it's a big secret both of us are going to be looking for the knockout. We're both big finishers and most of our finishes have been by strikes. I definitely plan to knock him silly and pressure him the whole time. (Feijao's last opponent) King Mo and I have very different wrestling styles. He works from the outside, I work from the clinch. I thought Mo didn't use strikes to set up his wrestling. Feijao throws more looping, than straight punches, but he's dangerous standing. I've been training for different styles of fighters depending on who I'm facing. 'Feijao' is a big challenge for me and that's exciting for me."

On Fighting For A World Title: "It's like icing on the cake but you have to get the job done. There's no point in worrying about that now.I don't feel small or weak at 205 so what's the point in cutting weight. I fought Anderson Silva in Columbus . I'm excited to go back there; not excited to go back to the cold but excited to fight in front of those fans who are always so excited to watch our fights."

On Fighting In The HW Grand Prix: "They asked me if I was interested and I said sure. But they've obviously gone in a different direction. I'm definitely prepared to go the full five rounds. It was good for me to not have the full nine to 10-month break between fights, although the holidays didn't help. I've stepped it up a notch as far as my conditioning. I stepped on the scale this morning at 203 pounds, so my weight will not be an issue."

On Fedor's Grand Prix Performance: "It seems like his heart just isn't in it. He just needs to get motivated to go out there and train and fight to win. I'm not sure that's happening. But that's something you would have to ask him. I'm just here speculating like the rest of you."