Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Jon Jones Says He's Done Talking About Rashad Evans
(#1)
Old
Admin
wolf137 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 496
Post Jon Jones Says He's Done Talking About Rashad Evans - 03-10-2011, 02:37 AM

Check out what he had to say…

Jon Jones recently spoke about his upcoming bout with Mauricio Rua and how he doesn't want to talk about a potential fight with Rashad Evans. Check out the highlights:

On Rashad Evans: "With all due respect to you as a reporter and everything, I want to make it clear to other reporters that I absolutely hate when people mention Rashad Evans, especially throughout this training camp. He's a friend of mine, but I'm fighting Mauricio 'Shogun,' one of the best fighters that's been around for a long time. For people to even be mentioning Rashad Evans right now is ludicrous."

On his friendship with Evans: "To me, being able to call Rashad when we're 40 years old and say, 'Let's go fishing,' that's more important than a paycheck that we would get today. I train with the guy. We've had conversations about personal things. Rashad's a unique character to me. There's not many guys that I can relate to like Rashad, and preparing to do physical damage to him just doesn't add up to me. Fighting Rashad is the last thing I'd ever want to do."

On the possibility that Dana White may make the fight: "I respect Dana a lot, and if that's what he absolutely wanted to happen, then I guess that's what would have to happen. Me and Rashad would not want to get fired over the situation."

On where his focus is: "Rashad is not in my mind. He's not in my being. He has absolutely zero to do with my heart and who I am right now. Right now, it's me vs. Jon Jones, and right now I'm beating all the weakness out of myself. I'm beating all the give-up out of myself. The lack of cardio, the lack of confidence – any sign of weakness that's within my heart right now, I'm getting rid of it. The fact that people are bringing up Rashad, it almost angers me. Rashad has nothing to do with 'Shogun.' I think from here on out, I won't even answer a question about Rashad."