Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Inter boss rules out New Year approach for Blues striker Drogba
(#1)
Old
Donator
Sylar is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default Inter boss rules out New Year approach for Blues striker Drogba - 12-18-2008, 10:49 PM

Jose Mourinho has told Sky Sports News that he has no intention of completing a New Year swoop for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.

The Inter Milan boss has been strongly linked with his former charge in recent weeks, with speculation suggesting the Ivorian hit-man would welcome the opportunity to work under the Portuguese coach once again.

A possible swap deal involving Brazil international Adriano has been mooted, but Mourinho has revealed that no such plans have been put in place.

"That is not true. It is merely speculation," he told Sky Sports News.

"At this moment Adriano has nothing in his hands. At this moment we think he will be here on 2nd January to work with us.

"Maybe he is not happy at living in an atmosphere that doesn't suit him, but he is a top player and I cannot open my door for him to go unless I have somebody to replace him.

"We have (Hernan) Crespo and we have (Julio) Cruz, but Crespo is 34 and Cruz is 35 - I cannot complete the season with only Ibra (Zlatan Ibrahimovic) because nobody knows what could happen.

"I need another player and that player is Adriano. If the club and Adriano arrive at a different situation then we have to think about it."

Mourinho is also keen to avoid becoming embroiled in another long-running transfer saga with Chelsea after failing to tempt Frank Lampard away from Stamford Bridge over the summer.

"I have negative feelings about the Lampard story over the summer and I don't want to get involved again," he added.

"If one day Didier has a clear situation in his life with his club, which is a club I love, and he is on his way out, then if I am Inter coach or Gamba Osaka coach or Red Bell New York coach, whatever, everybody knows that he is one of my men.

"The club where I am, my door will always be open for him. But my feeling is that he is a Chelsea player. He is one of the boys from 2004 to 2007 but it is not easy."

Pushed as to the likelihood of him changing his mind in January, Mourinho insisted there was no chance of him making a move for any Blues player.

"Zero per cent. There is no way," he said.
===========================================
Mourinho will always be dogged by these kind of rumorus even if they are complete jibberish.
(#2)
Old
Bhav90 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default 04-29-2009, 04:55 PM

drogba wud be a great signin if it went ahed especially as adriano has decidied to return 2 brazil, on his day drogba is lethal