Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Cotto's Main Objective is To Stop Pacquiao's Movement
(#1)
Old
Banned
moviezone is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default Cotto's Main Objective is To Stop Pacquiao's Movement - 09-01-2009, 07:58 PM

The main objective for WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto is to stop the quick movement of Manny Pacquiao by cutting off the ring. Cotto wants to prevent Pacquiao from jumping in and out with quick combinations during their November 14 bout. Cotto plans to keep the fight as close as possible and not allow Pacquiao to create distance. In his training camp, Cotto is working in a 20 foot and a 24 foot ring, using both to cut the distance. Cotto has been sparring with Frankie Santos.

Cotto is confident that his boxing skills are than those of Pacquiao and says a 20 foot will give him the advantage, not Pacquiao.

"Pacquiao is not a better boxer than Miguel Cotto. So if someone is to benefit from the ring, it is going to be Miguel Cotto," Cotto told El Nuevo Dia.

Since the arrival of physical trainer Phil Landman, Cotto has begun the second phase of his training camp and he is really taking his body to the limit.

"I feel a little bit exhausted, me muscles are sore. But this is normal in the first couple of weeks. We have worked hard as was usual do," Cotto said.

Landman wants Cotto to have the same physical condition [if not better] that he showed in the June decision win over Joshua Clottey.
(#2)
Old
godding4 is on a distinguished road

Default 10-17-2009, 09:31 PM

if cotto can catch manny with some solid shots it will slow him down and he will think twice about jumping in like he does
(#3)
Old
rayski is on a distinguished road

Default 11-14-2009, 03:42 AM

i predict cotto will stop pacman in 8 or 9 rounds by tko victory.........
(#4)
Old
bugbytes is on a distinguished road

Default 11-14-2009, 11:40 AM

PACMAN WIN

PACMAN WIN EARLY ROUND

Last edited by Klip; 11-14-2009 at 11:42 AM.
(#5)
Old
chief4afe is on a distinguished road

Default 11-14-2009, 12:32 PM

It's going to be a close and good fight, that's why I paid to watch it.
Hopefully I won't get disappointed with the promised quality.
(#6)
Old
Donator
dA_eXeCuSiOnEr is on a distinguished road

Default 11-14-2009, 03:47 PM

Well I hope that Cotto changed like 2-3 things that he does, and the problem here is that he does them because they are his bad habits! So I really hope that he changed them. What Im talking bout is, if you noticed every time that he wants to go to the body hard he goes forward does a little movement and backs out moves either to the left or right and comes in with the hard shots(something that will be hard to catch a fast moving side to side manny pacquiao) another things is: When Cotto began boxing Pro in 2001 and on till like 2006-07 Cotto had a mean defense! He used to really keep his hands up no matter what! For a little jab or what ever the punch was, and now he has this bad habit to like drop his hands and just like throw a jab like leaning a little towards the jab and keep that hand down when he throws the right after, got to watch it cuz of that tricky overhand left of manny pacquiao that he used on Hatton the second knocked down, he didnt even kno what hit him! It looked like Pacman was going to the body and he wasnt!! and To me for Cotto to win he has to use a lot of the jab! and Start a lot of combinations with the right hand!! right straight up top followed by left to the body and finish with right upppercut!! trust me killer combo for cotto!!! Good luck to both fighters, be the best fighter win! God Bless them both! Im going for Miguel Cotto!! Im thinking if Cotto Boxes! We re talking a 12rd decision for Cotto, if Cotto really gets in their n nutralizes Manny in the early rounds with massive hooks to the body from 8rd to 11 Manny is a goner and if Cotto doesnt change bad habits he might lose this fight! He got to remember hes going against the p4p best boxer and the best trainer in the world!! Roach will be looking at all that Cotto does!! trust me that guy is a beast!! Thats the only reason manny wins trust me manny without ROACH is nothing!! See you guys in the fight!! God Bless
(#7)
Old
Donator
dA_eXeCuSiOnEr is on a distinguished road

Default 11-14-2009, 03:55 PM

Im going for Cotto!! A win is a win! win by decision or by ko or tko I dont care! Cotto will win! lol Manny is the smaller man and Cotto went down some pounds so do expect that cotto for this fight will be faster then usual and will harder than usual!! He prepared like no other time!! I think Cotto will really come out with a win! I really dont c manny winning, I think Cotto is the hungrier boxer and is the underdog in this fight! I really dont think that manny has ever fought someone like Cotto, but Cotto has fought boxers with similar qualities as manny, Im talking Speed! Sugar Shane Mosley, and Super Zab Judah! I dont think mannys speed is going to give him problems ! I think only the movement and the jab and the overhand left! maybe an ecational uppercut from manny, but not too likely unless manny figures Cotto out. Both fighter if they win do do History in Boxing specially Manny Pacquiao!! The first boxer ever to be a champion and receive a belt for 7 different weight classes!! Wish them both the Blessings!
cotto
(#8)
Old
cano0979 is on a distinguished road

Default cotto - 11-15-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviezone View Post
The main objective for WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto is to stop the quick movement of Manny Pacquiao by cutting off the ring. Cotto wants to prevent Pacquiao from jumping in and out with quick combinations during their November 14 bout. Cotto plans to keep the fight as close as possible and not allow Pacquiao to create distance. In his training camp, Cotto is working in a 20 foot and a 24 foot ring, using both to cut the distance. Cotto has been sparring with Frankie Santos.

Cotto is confident that his boxing skills are than those of Pacquiao and says a 20 foot will give him the advantage, not Pacquiao.

"Pacquiao is not a better boxer than Miguel Cotto. So if someone is to benefit from the ring, it is going to be Miguel Cotto," Cotto told El Nuevo Dia.

Since the arrival of physical trainer Phil Landman, Cotto has begun the second phase of his training camp and he is really taking his body to the limit.

"I feel a little bit exhausted, me muscles are sore. But this is normal in the first couple of weeks. We have worked hard as was usual do," Cotto said.

Landman wants Cotto to have the same physical condition [if not better] that he showed in the June decision win over Joshua Clottey.
cotto win
(#9)
Old
dyowei is on a distinguished road

Default 11-15-2009, 02:22 AM

you can't stop pacman..

he is strong!!!
(#10)
Old
stoked302 is on a distinguished road

Default 11-15-2009, 03:10 AM

need help!! i paid bu have not reeived access. what do i do?