Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Mayweather Blasts Pacquiao's Hatton/De La Hoya Wins
(#1)
Old
Banned
moviezone is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default Mayweather Blasts Pacquiao's Hatton/De La Hoya Wins - 09-02-2009, 04:25 AM

When the subject of Manny Pacquiao being the best pound for pound best in the world is brought up, Floyd Mayweather Jr. sounds off and unloads on the two best wins on Pacquiao’s record, against Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton. Mayweather feels that he beat Hatton and De La Hoya better and beat them at their true best.

He said De La Hoya didn’t train to win the fight with Pacquiao due to the agreed upon weight of 147. And he feels Hatton was seriously on the slide and never recovered from the knockout loss that Floyd gave him in December 2007.

“De La Hoya is more comfortable at 154. When he fought Pacquiao he was basically on a diet and training to lose weight instead of training to fight. When I fought De La Hoya, they said ‘he was over the hill.’ How can he be over the hill if we are both in our 30's? When I fight him, they say he’s over the hill,” Mayweather said.

“I laid the blueprint on how to beat Ricky Hatton. Any fighter can get caught cold in the sport of boxing. Once you’ve been knocked out, you get doubts about being able to get knocked out again. In the Manny Pacquiao fight, he had doubts. When he went out there, he had his head straight up in the air. His weight goes up and own and he doesn’t take care of his body like he should. Where was this guy Pacquiao when I was dominating in the 90's.”

Mayweather is also upset over the critics blasting him for facing Juan Manuel Marquez on September 19 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

“They want to say we want Pacquiao vs. Mayweather but not Mayweather vs. Marquez. It’s okay for Pacquiao to fight Marquez or any other welterweight. Marquez and Pacquiao are the same size. Actually Marquez is a little bigger. When I beat [De La Hoy and Hatton] it was nothing but when Pacquiao beat those guys they are like "oh, its unbelievable,” Mayweather said.