Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar

Rampage Jackson Talks Declining UFC 128 Fight
(#1)
Old
Admin
wolf137 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 496
Post Rampage Jackson Talks Declining UFC 128 Fight - 02-08-2011, 01:57 AM

Too much weight...

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has responded to Mauricio Rua's revelation that he turned down a title shot that subsequently was given to Jon "Bones" Jones at UFC 126. The title-fight slot opened when Rashad Evans recently went down with a knee injury.

"I don't care who the opponent is," Jackson said. "I'm not taking a fight on four weeks' notice."

Jackson said he informed Dana White of his decision while attending this past weekend's event.

"It's not enough time to get ready for a five-round fight," Jackson said. "Dana knows that. And 'Shogun,' he's a fighter, and he should know that. He shouldn't even go and say [expletive] like that with him being a fighter. He saw me at the fight this weekend. Everybody saw how big I am."

Jackson currently is scheduled to fight Thiago Silva (15-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) at UFC 130, which takes place May 28th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

"I'm just doing maintenance training right now," Jackson said. "I just started back. I fought right before the holidays, and I went on vacation to see my family and took my kids to see their family in Japan. I've been living my life, so I gained a lot of weight. I'm a natural fighter. I don't do any drugs, and I don't know any high-performance drugs, so I have a natural body. My body gains weight when I don't train and I don't eat like I'm in camp."

Jackson said he'd have to focus solely on losing weight if he took the fight.

"I'm 250 pounds, and I would have to lose 45 pounds in, what, three or four weeks?" he said. "The first time I fought 'Shogun,' I was injured going into that fight, and it's haunted me all the way up to now. I always believed the second time I fight 'Shogun' that I'm going to be close to 100 percent as possible. I don't want to have a rushed camp and have a last-minute fight to fight someone who's already beaten me. Even if they offered me Forrest (Griffin) or Rashad (Evans) in four weeks, I can't take that fight because I'm too big."