Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar

Rafael Feijao Cavalcante Discusses Facing Dan Henderson On March 5th
(#1)
Old
Admin
wolf137 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 496
Post Rafael Feijao Cavalcante Discusses Facing Dan Henderson On March 5th - 02-24-2011, 09:17 PM

The champ speaks…

- Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante spoke during yesterday's Strikeforce conference call, regarding his March 5th fight with Dan Henderson. Here are the highlights..

On Training With Anderson Silva and Antônio Rogério Nogueira: "We train together every day. I have asked them about their fights against Dan and asked them what they think I need to do. They have told me what they think will work and we have been working on those things. Against every fighter there's a little bit of a strategy. It doesn't really matter if I'm fighting for a title or I'm defending a title. It's really about the fighter and every fighter has different strategies they are going to throw at you. Of course my strategy will differ for this fight as opposed to when I fought King Mo. Every fight is different and it doesn't really make a difference if I'm fighting for a title or defending one."

On Fighting Dan Henderson: "I like the matchup with Dan wherever it goes: standing up, in the clinch, on the ground, boxing. I've put together a strong strategy with my training partners and I just feel really confident for this fight. Wherever the fight goes I'm well prepared for it. I was very excited to find out I was fighting someone like Dan Henderson. My goal is to fight the best in the world. Cardio could be the key in the fight but I've been training five rounds with different sparring partners, so I'll be ready."