Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Roy Jones Jr: "I Ain't Quit Like De La Hoya Did"
(#1)
Old
Banned
moviezone is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default Roy Jones Jr: "I Ain't Quit Like De La Hoya Did" - 09-01-2009, 07:56 PM

Roy Jones Jr. has fired back at Oscar De La Hoya over some recent comments. Certainly not the first time the two fighters have taken shots at each other in the press. Last week De La Hoya made a suggestion for Jones to hang up the gloves before seriously getting hurt. De La Hoya said Jones was still fighting because of his ego.

"I think Roy is still fighting because of his ego, from what I’ve heard. He really feels he can get back on top. And in this sport, you never know. I think the chances are very slim for Roy to get back to where he was 10 years ago, though," De La Hoya said.

"It’s sad. You have those cases we read about all the time of great fighters who end up with nothing. I’m not saying Roy is heading down that path. There are signs, though, that indicate he might be going in that direction."

Jones said that he might have been knocked out by fighters like Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver - but he never quit in the ring like De La Hoya. He took aim at De La Hoya for throwing in the towel during last December's bruising bout against Manny Pacquiao.

"Yeah, well, I ain't quit like he did, did I? I don't even think he's got enough respect to talk to me. I never gave up. He gave up to a smaller man. I don't owe no explanation for that. I don't even think he earned the right to talk to me. I ain't never quit. Got cut and still went on against what they called pound-for-pound one of the best fighters out there and never thought about quitting," Jones told fighthype.com

"I've never ever thought about quitting. Like I said, me, if I ain't knocked out, I ain't quitting. I don't know what that means. If I can see, I can perform, I got to go. You better knock me cold if you gonna beat me. I feel like I owe that to the fans. I feel like if they paid to see me fight, they should get a whole fight whether I'm getting my behind whooped or I'm whopping behind, they deserve a whole fight."

"They pay you for that. You don't quit on them. If you quit, you need to do the right thing, you need to retire. If you quit in the ring, you need to stay out the ring too. I ain't never quit in the ring so don't tell me what I need to do."