Welcome to XMEForums - to start streaming and use our broadcasting tools , please REGISTER by Clicking Here!    
Register Disclaimer Calendar Mark Forums Read
Actor slashes neck in stage prop mix-up
(#1)
Old
stopsign

Chats:
Default Actor slashes neck in stage prop mix-up - 12-11-2008, 03:02 AM

An actor has sliced his neck open on an Austrian stage after a mix-up with a prop knife.
Actor Daniel Hoevels collapsed on the stage of Vienna's Burgtheater with blood pouring from his neck after cutting his throat with what was supposed to be a blunt prop.
Hoevels, whose character was to commit suicide, had been given a real blade instead of a harmless prop, Austrian newspaper Osterreich reports.
As he collapsed with blood spurting from his neck, the audience started to applaud not realising Hoevels was not acting.
It was only when Hoevels, 30, failed to get up to take a bow at Vienna's Burgtheater in Austria that they realised something was wrong, the paper said.
"Police are now investigating their own murder mystery drama after refusing to rule out the possibility that the stunt may have been an attempt to bump off the actor by a jealous rival," the paper reported.
Police have been told that the knife had been bought at a local store and are asking if props staff forgot to blunt the blade for the performance of Friedrich Schiller's play "Mary Stuart", about Mary Queen of Scots.
"The knife even still had the price tag on it," the paper quoted one shocked police investigator as saying.
The theatre's props manager is understood to have been quizzed by police about the knife, Osterreich reports.
The actor recovered after emergency treatment at a local hospital and appeared on stage the next night with a bandage around his neck.
"If Hoevels had hit an artery or cut only slightly deeper, he would have died on stage," the Osterreich quoted a doctor as saying.
(#2)
Old
Donator
azza_24 is on a distinguished road

Chats: 0
Default 12-11-2008, 11:10 AM

WOW! I can't believe there could be such a mix up for something so serious.
You'd think they could at least double check the props!
(#3)
Old
Donator
Sylar is on a distinguished road

Default 12-11-2008, 09:19 PM

I read the full article on this and it sounds more like a murder attempt not an accidental mix up. The knife he slashed himself with still had the price tag attached so it's either a sloppy accident or a sloppy murder attempt LOL.

Hope the dude gets better though, what a crap way to go that'd be.
Happy new years
(#4)
Old
stuv563 is on a distinguished road

Cool Happy new years - 01-02-2009, 05:18 AM

2009 new year round the corner ! Do you get ready to celebrate the coming year with your girl friends? warcraft gold
(#5)
Old
Donator
jonathans1987 is on a distinguished road

Default 01-04-2009, 09:05 PM

dude that is crazy! ud figure a guy would check to make sure it wasnt sharp b4 he rubbed it across his neck lol. how would you not realize it was real? plus i wouldnt even rub a dull knife over my neck lol. it seems like maybe he made the switch himself and purposefully killed himself in front of an audience. At least in my opinion.